Did You Know… Today is National Chocolate Milkshake Day!
We’re not sure who came up with this sweet national observation, but we sure do love the excuse it gives us to whip up a delectable treat!
Give this recipe to your kids and let them make this most delicious Chocolate Milkshake – it tastes a lot like chocolate cheesecake! Your kids will enjoy the experience of creating something that tastes so good! Of course, adult supervision is necessary with young children.
What You Will Need:
- 8 ounce package of Cream Cheese
- 2 cups Milk (for a thicker milkshake, use 1 cup of Milk)
- 6 scoops Chocolate Ice Cream (your favorite brand)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract (optional)
- Maraschino Cherry (optional)
- Whipped Cream (optional)
- Makes 4 servings
What You Do:
- Add cream cheese and 1 cup of milk to a blender, then blend until smooth. (If you like a thicker milkshake, use 1/2 cup of milk)
- Add remaining 1 cup of milk and ice cream to the blender, and vanillia extract (if desired), then continue to blend until smooth. (Again, if you like a thicker milkshake, use 1/2 cup of milk)
- Pour into frosted glasses, top with whipped cream and a cherry, and serve with a straw!
Go ahead! Make a milkshake and enjoy!
Want to read more about the history of the milkshake? Check out History of the Milkshake, Wikipedia.
You Might Also Like:
DIY Strawz – Make your own crazy Strawz with this ingenious set! Kids (and adults) love ‘em!
Copyright © 2007-2009 Escapade Direct LLC. All rights reserved. All content on this site is property of Escapade Direct LLC and may not be used without our written permission.